Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Jai paul saved my brain in Thailand

Music penetrates in the developing world  not at all  and you can find a Khmer jet fighter, before you walk into club that isn’t playing the sped up Thai remix of “Run this town” while you get leg raped by a bar girl or dry humped by a drunk back packer. All they play is grindy house, since innovation startles tourist looking to escape the western experience and expats that left because they couldn’t hang good music is hard to come by in South East Asia.


I was happy as hell when I found Jai Paul, since I left England for Thailand and no longer have the geographical Justification to be into dub-step. My friend Ellie put me on and I‘ve been listening to them ever since. It’s the type of music that your friends will lie about.




Jai Paul is like that little moment during sex when you are both breathing the same air. A bit of methadone to my broken system and getting a fresh injection of anything thing that sound real and relevant in a sea of grunge covers and clubbed to death remixes is a special, soul warming experience.



No comments:

Post a Comment